Only 1 left for next day delivery
Only 1 left for next day delivery
- Product Details
DetailsHP Digital KVM Switchbox - 32 Computer(s) - 1 Local User(s) - 4 Remote User(s) - 1600 x 1200Network (RJ-45) - 6 x USB - 1 x VGA - Management Port - 1U - Rack-mountable
HP's IP Console Switch G2 with Virtual Media and Common Access Card (CAC) support is a key component in managing theheterogeneous data center and along with the IP Viewer software allows remote access to multiple servers running various operatingsystems. Virtual Media capability allows a removable drive or ISO image to be remotely mapped to an attached server in the datacenter or a remote office for software installations and upgrades. An intuitive User Interface provides menus for configuration, virtualmedia, display, and even security and upgrades from the local console. The term CAC stands for Common Access Card, also known as"Smart Cards". The CAC allows government agency and other company employees to keep all of their network access information on acard (about the size of a credit card) that is read by either an external USB reader or a port on the PC/server. These appliances addssupport for reading and transmitting USB CCID Generic Smart Card/CAC data from user station (local or remote) to end server.
In cascaded environments the HP IP Console Switch G2 with Virtual Media & CAC can allow an administrator to manage up to 1024 servers across two tiers from a single console. When tiered with additional HP Server Console Switches with Virtual Media applicationinstallations and upgrades can be pushed through to any server on any of the two tiers from a single console.
The HP IP Console Switch G2 with Virtual Media & CAC is backwards compatible with all HP Cat5 based Server Console Switches andinterface adapters that do not support virtual media.
AF622A at a glanceIncreased target server port counts
Improved video support
- Up to 32 target server ports per switch increases flexibility
- New video compression allows 1600x1200 @ 60hz or 1680 x 1050 @ 60hz 16-bit color for remote sessions without impacting performance
- Increases cable distances at higher resolutions
- CAC support to the server
- Dual-stack IPv6 with stateless auto configuration
- Keyboard, video, mouse and virtual media activity is fully encrypted using 128-bit SSL, AES, DES, or DES3 for remote sessions
- Remote console sessions to the data center can be shared by other remote users.
- Stealth mode can also be used by administrators to monitor remote sessions without announcing it for security reasons
Remote and local virtual media
- Microsoft Active Directory integration using LDAP is standard
- Local security database on switch is also available for non LDAP implementations
- Administrators can map local media on a workstation to a remote server in the data center or remote office to easily perform application installations or upgrades
- A USB CD-ROM, USB DVD, USB floppy drive, or USB key can be attached directly to the HP IP Console Switch G2 with Virtual Media & CAC and mapped to an attached server
- When used locally with the HP 1U Rackmount Keyboard with USB or the HP TFT7600 RKM USB drives can be connected to the front USB port on the keyboard for increased ease of use
- Virtual media support requires the use of Virtual Media Interface Adapters
- New interface adapters support virtual media and provide CAC on ProLiant servers
- Virtual Media Interface Adapters support USB 1.1 full speed.
IP Viewer 4.1 software
- Two levels of cascading are available to support up to 1024 servers. When all tiers are comprised of virtual media compatible console switches and interface adapters, virtual media can be mapped to a server on any tier
- Supports HP IP Console Switches with Virtual Media, HP Server Console Switches G2 with Virtual Media, HP Serial Console Servers, and legacy Cat5 based HP IP Console Switches
- Supports remote virtual media sessions
- Compatible with Windows and Linux clients
- No software to install on target servers
- Technical Specification
Ports & interfaces Number of computers controlled 32 Video port type VGA USB 2.0 ports quantity 4 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports 1 DC-in jack Yes Technical details Colour of product Black Weight 3.45 kg (7.6 lbs) Seamless integration with iLO/RiLOE Yes Video Maximum resolution 1600 x 1200 pixels Design Colour of product Black Power Power consumption (typical) 100W Operational conditions Operating temperature (T-T) 10 - 50 °C Storage temperature (T-T) -20 - 70 °C Operating relative humidity (H-H) 20 - 80% Storage relative humidity (H-H) 5 - 95% Weight & Dimensions Width 43.8 cm Depth 23.68 cm Height 4.36 cm Weight 3.4 kg Other features Connectivity technology Wired Power requirements 0.25/0.5A Multiple language support Yes Maximum supported servers 1024 Built-in port tearing Yes
NO VENDOR LOCK-IN
Hyperscale IT are vendor agnostic. This freedom allows us to focus on your requirements and produce solutions wholly on your needs alone. Be it branded or non branded, we can supply it. We can even supply servers with your own brand on them.
ONE STOP SHOP
With so many years in the industry we have arrangements in place with all the major vendors. Consolidate your procurement and streamline your operations.
LOWER SERVICE COSTS
Free your datacentre from expensive branded parts. Hyperscale IT offer a range of vanity-free white box servers. We also offer servers built on the Open Compute Project standard.